Monday, January 30, 2012

His Head Is What?

For those of you that aren't aware we do have a grandson that is 9 mo. old.  My son phoned me this morning concerned as he had a received a call from my dil who had just come from an appt. with the pediatrician for Andrew's checkup.  My son's question to me was "did I have a big head when I was a baby?"  No, his head was normal as I recollect.  In all seriousness the doctor is concerned that Andrew's head measurement since his 6 mo. to his 9 mo. visit is too great.  As I recall when he was born his head measured 14 in.  They have a Cat Scan scheduled tomorrow morning to hopefully dispel any concerns or problems.  No, I am not privy to the 6 mo. measurement but I do know that today it measured "18 something."  So his current head size isn't the concern but the growth rate since last visit.  Whoops, I think I already said that.  Please excuse me but I am a concerned Nanni at the moment. 

I (being a disabled & retired R.N.)  have lost all sense of rationability and nurse sense.  Strange how we lose all perspective when we are concerned about a family member. 

I keep reassuring myself someone mis-measured or documented the wrong head circumference at one of the two visits or both.    I know one thing for certain, he has a perfect, beautiful head. 

I shall pray and wait patiently for the results of the CT scan tomorrow.  Please keep Andrew in your thoughts.

6 comments:

  1. I hope all will be well!
    And most probably you are right, and someone has mismeasured that cute little (or not so little) head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Henya. I just talked to my son and everything appeared normal with the testing done today. My prayers were answered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to get the answer in the same concerned post! Sometimes that doesn't happen. Glad he is okay. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much and thank you for dropping by.

      Delete
  4. Blessings......
    Oh, I do hope all is well. I will add my prayer to yours.

    Stay blessed and thank you for visiting and sharing your thoughts with me.

    Rhapsody
    http://www.shelfari.com/rhapsodyphoenix
    http://twitter.com/rhapsodyphoenix

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything turned out well with my grandson. Thank you for dropping in.

      Delete

Love to hear your comments: