Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Crochet and Me

My current project is something for me.  It is an afghan pattern courtesy of www.redheart.com called the Windsor Ripple Throw.  I had a vision of the colors I wanted to use and when I went shopping they jumped right into my cart.  Do you find that happens with you?  This is a photo of my work in progress.

Recently I was surfing the net and an interesting blog caught my eye.  I was looking for something to crochet for my 10 yr. old granddaughter.  She is into Pokemon so this pattern was perfect.  I am new to amigurumi.  I must admit my finished product is a little rough but Addison loved little Pikachu.  Thank you Biz @ http://bizzycrochet.blogspot.com/2007/01/pokemon-look-alike-pikachu.html  for the free pattern.  I so appreciate everyone who shares there patterns.
 
I have also crocheted three scarves that were quick and easy.  They are a narrow, long scarf which I love.  I used bulky yarn and they turned out great.  I have intended them for Christmas gifts but I love two of them and they have made it into my winter wardrobe.  I can't help myself.  I do have a bag of new bulky yarn waiting to be turned into Christmas gifts. 
 
The Christmas crocheting is on hold this week as my Fibro and CFS want the spotlight this week.  My arms are very weak and capable of limited activity.  I hurt all over.  On top of all of that I am having the weirdest problem with my right jaw.  It has been about a week now.  It hurts, making chewing difficult and painful.  Yawning isn't fun at all.  Hopefully it will resolve soon.
 
My husband has decided to quit his job related to his health issues.  He has serious cardiac problems and now is having chronic angina.  His plan is to start the S.S. Disability process.  I am so glad he has made this decision.  Hopefully the disability process won't turn into a nightmare.
 
That is it until we meet again.  Who knows, maybe I will model the scarves for you.   On second thought maybe I will find a model.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Have your husband get a copy of The Disability Workbook and it will help the process immensely. Good Luck to him.

    Nice work on your afghan,

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your comments: