Thursday, June 10, 2010

Show and Tell


Since I posted last, life has been challenging, eventful, interesting, joyful and full of some beautiful moments.

April as I posted previously was a time of loss. My friend Conni who lost her father is day by day dealing with the grieving process. It is curious how sometimes death/loss brings a renewal to a previously precarious relationship.



My self-challenge began in April. I realized I had reached a point of complacency and possible laziness. My plan was for myself and in turn would hopefully bring some stress and relief to my dear husband. My daily goal was to accomplish at least one task that would benefit both of us. My benefit was the feeling of self-accomplishment and pride. I must say my husband has been appreciative of my efforts but always says "you are doing too much." OK, so I got a little carried away a few days and pushed myself beyond my bodies limits of capability. My lower back went into a flare and put me on the couch for a week. I am up and back to performing my daily task or two or three.

Refined sugar has been on my list of things to avoid to the best of my ability. I am doing fairly well considering I am a sugarholic. I have noticed less ups and downs. I just wish the scale would cooperate with my hard work.


Spring and the beginning of summer, being my favorite times of the year has given me the gardening bug and the shutterbug. My gardening consists of a few pots of flowers on my porch and my lily garden. I love to sit on my porch in the morning and enjoy my flowers and the hummingbirds at the feeder. My first three lilies bloomed yesterday and I share them with you. I hope you have enjoyed some of my photo's scattered throughout this blog.




Hummingbirds are amazing little creatures. So small and yet can be so fierce when fighting over the feeder. I can also see their feeder from my couch so I spend a great deal of time enjoying their antics. They are sure to bring a smile to your face.




Oh my gosh! Maggie, our now one year old puppy discovered her first skunk. Poor puppy. She was such a sad sight. All is well after we bathed her in an odor destroying agent.



Sometimes we need to just take some time to ourselves to self-evaluate, enjoy our surroundings and appreciate life.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Kelli,
    Lovely to read your post and see your photos.
    Especially of Maggie.
    Hope your friend Connie does well.
    I will try to come cby more regularly in future.
    Love,
    Herrad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy you stopped by Herrad. Thanks so much.
    Love,
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelli,

    I love hummingbirds. It reminds me of my grandmother who took great delight in them. What amazing birds they are. Like you, I enjoy "gardening" the way you do. In pots around me. =)

    Love your pictures...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have Myelen?,
    Thanks for visiting. So happy you enjoyed my pictures.
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please go to my blog post from
    Sunday, June 20, 2010
    and collect your
    You Are Beautiful Blogger Award.
    "A Beautiful Blogger is someone who blogs with truth, honesty and integrity. They blog from their heart, sharing their story, humor, and life with others. They go out of their way to support others, giving of themselves to provide encouragement and brighten someone’s day. They glow with a beauty that comes from within, and it shows in what they write and how they interact with others."

    love,
    Herrad

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kelli,
    Hope you are ok miss seeing your posts.
    Please visit my blog and pick up your You Inspire Me Award.
    Love,
    Herrad

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for dropping by Herrad. The past few months have been a little trying for me. My state of mind has been pretty flat.
    Thanks for the award. You are so thoughtful to remember me.
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your comments: