Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Spring and Memories!




video

This blog entry inspired by Grandpa Oddball's kindness and concern at http://getoddnews.com/

Yes, I am out of my shell and enjoying every moment of spring that I can.

I made the above video on one of my walks with my dog Maggie. The distance I am able to walk varies from day to day but walking stick in hand I go as far as I feel I can, enjoying all the beauty there is to behold and the sounds of nature.


My depression is better and I think the change in season has a great deal to do with that. I always look forward to spring and watching the new growth, mild temperatures and planting flowers.

My brain seems to be wanting to forget many more things than I would like these days. I have been struggling with this for months. Carrying on an intelligent conversation seems to be a major challenge for me. This is very frightening for me and has had me very depressed. I have periods when I feel so stupid and know I shouldn't feel that way as there is good reason for my problems but I don't want to lose any more of my memory! It hurts so much when someone says "remember when" and I have to say no. I want someone to give me back the key to my brain where I have so many memories trapped inside.

****************
MEMORIES

Memories,
Pressed between the Pages of my Mind

Memories,
Sweetened thru the Ages just like Wine

Quiet Thoughts come floating down
And settle softly to the Ground
Like golden Autumn Leaves around my Feet

I touched them and they burst apart
With sweet Memories,
Sweet Memories

Of holding Hands and red Bouquets
And Twilight trimmed in purple haze

And laughing Eyes and simple Ways
And quiet Nights and gentle Days with you

Memories,
Pressed between the Pages of my Mind

Memories,
Sweetened thru the Ages just like Wine,

Memories,
Memories,

Of holding Hands and red Bouquets
And Twilight trimmed in purple Haze

And laughing Eyes and simple Ways
And quiet Nights and gentle Days with you

Memories,
Memories,

Sweet Memories

( Words & Music By Bill Strange - Scott Davis )

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back, out of your shell, and feelin better. I'm like you when it comes to forgeting things and the current rage of multi-tasking is beyond me. I guess we just have to carry on as best we can one task at a time.

    Thanks for your comment. I try to read them all as long as I'm able to stay home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    Please could you go and visit The Wheel of Fortuna and leave a supportive message for Steve.

    His partner BobRobert is in the local hospice and is not expected to live much longer.

    It is not so long since his diagnosis which makes it all even more sad.

    Thanks for your support.

    Love,
    Herrad

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your comments: