Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Maggie and Me

I love pears!
I told Maggie I would post an update. The vet weighed her on Saturday and she weighed 24 lbs. One month ago she weighed 10.5 lbs. She got a clean bill of health.
Now on to me. I had a lousy month in August. Much more pain than usual and the fatigue was almost unbearable. I have started having some worsening vision problems and hope to see the opthamologist in the very near future.
I love Maggie so much and she brings me so much love, joy and pleasure. I had forgotten what potty training entailed and the energy I would need to keep up with her. I take her out on a leash and walk her much more than I am used to walking and she is very strong. I am trying to teach her basic skills such as to walk on my right side only to prevent me from falling. Wow the energy this takes. We will get through this. LOL
I forgot to mention my sleeping pattern has also been disrupted since her arrival. She seems to think I should be out of bed by 6am - 7am. She jumps in bed and tries to root me out of bed by digging and digging under my body. Needless to say I am up earlier than I am accustomed. I didn't realize how a change in my sleep pattern would affect me. Please wish me luck with this endeavor
September isn't off to a great start as all the symptoms have followed me into the new month.
I have faith it will get better.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kelli,
    Maggie is gorgeous.
    Love,
    Herrad

    ReplyDelete
  2. elli,

    I give you a lot of credit for taking on Maggie. I LOVE animals but haven't gotten anew pet since losing my last cat over 2 years ago because of the very issues you are facing. While they are terrific companions and provide us with so much love, they are also a lot of work and responsibility too. Maggie has a great owner in you, despite your own problems you are giving her what she needs and I am sure she is providing you with lots of love in return. Enjoy her and I pray you start to get some relief soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful pup! Aren't they the best...and the most time-consuming? Haha. Glad I've found your blog. I look forward to reading more.

    Lori
    http://livingchronically.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, puppies are the best and time consuming. Thanks for dropping by.
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your comments: